Wednesday 11 June 2014

Little tote bag WIP ...

The last time we visited family in America, my cousin produced all of this loveliness from her garage:



This belonged to my Great Aunt and we calculated some of the fabric was over 25 years old! I made 5 lapquilts out of it for my USA cousins in 2012 and there was still lots left. 

In February this year, I shared this Missouri Star Quilt Company tutorial for making a charm square tote bag. I never showed the finished bag (unlike me) so here it is:



My cousin is 60 in a few weeks time so I thought she might like a bag made out of her Mom's fabric so I've made a start:



I know it gets said a lot about MSQ's tutorials but this really is a great one and even if you've never made a bag before, give this one a go - you can do it!

Going to finish it up later and pop it in the post tomorrow - fingers crossed she gets in time! Linking up with Lee and Lorna:


Sew Fresh Quilts

9 comments:

  1. What a cute bag!!! I saw the tutorial but haven't had a chance to make one yet. I'm honestly afraid that once I start making them... I won't want to stop!

    ~ Jess ~
    Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty bag!
    I haven´t seen the tutorial, but you tempted me to look at it!
    You are a kind lady, Jen!
    Always sewing and giving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great score - all those pretty prints! Such a cute patchwork bag, Jennifer. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting gift all those vintage fabrics.Your work is awesome and I love the bag you made in February I am sure your cousin will more than delighted with the bag you are making it looks great so far. Will have to have a look at the tutorial. Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! A great thing to do with those fabrics. Bags of some sort are in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bags are so much fun to make. I will have to try this tutorial. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, what a pile of fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bag - I need to make this one, too! What a great bunch of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful idea, and what special fabrics, I am sure your cousin will be thrilled! You are so thoughtful x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)