Sunday 29 July 2012

Stash busting!!

I am really enjoying making bags at the moment - they're such a gratifying quick fix - and after the deluge of Tote Bags I made last week, I've started to make inroads on the 7 Pants Bags dear Mutter asked for (1 for her and 6 for the German relatives she'll be visiting in September!)

It was Mutter's 75th birthday yesterday and, as I was working and couldn't be with her, I thought it would be nice for her to have a gift in the post so she got this:


As I went for a close-up, I spied a little bundle of gorgeousness:


I think she wanted some 'treats' ... she goes mad for a certain type and hovers whenever I'm near the kitchen on the off chance she may get some, bless her.

These two are for Germany (my relatives are all different ages and I've only met 3 of them on a couple of occasions so I don't know their tastes or favourite colours so I'm going to do a selection and let them choose):



And this one is for a friend at work's daughter:


Oh, and a tote bag I made for our cat-sitter whose little bunny rabbit died recently:


And here is a better photo of madam - just settled herself down on my lapquilt - a first time in this chair but not the last, I fear:


It's been quite a productive week and all the bags were made with fabric from my stash - I've also been working on some new table mats and a table runner, which I'll hopefully finish over the next couple of evenings - but, naughty me, I still haven't basted 'USA #5' so that has to be my priority next week. Then, I can start on my next two quilts!! Oh, I DO LOVE my quilting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)