Monday 12 March 2012

Third finished quilt of 2012 ... yay!

Here is 'USA #3' - the third of 5 lapquilts I'm making for my American cousins with this fabric. I've said it before, I know, but I am really enjoying making these quilts (this one is about 60" x 60") although it's a bit tricky as I have set myself the rule that I will only use my great-aunt's fabric i.e. I am not allowed to add from my stash ... at all!

So I finished basting (good old 505 spray!) and quilting it yesterday afternoon and then sat down to my favourite bit - the binding - in front of last night's TV:

And a close up:
Oh, and there's no show without Punch!


Here's the back - not quite enough bigger blue fabric left over to make without adding a repeat row of blocks like the front but I like the effect:


And the front:
It's just big enough for my cousin to 'cwtch up' under with her beautiful babies. Be in the post and with you soon, Emmy x

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I can't wait to see it in person. It looks wonderful. Can you put yourself and Nick in the shipping box, too? xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish,Emmy ... it's been toooooooooo long! Really really hope you love the quilt :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)