Saturday 10 March 2012

Seriously???

Yes - 2 more Pants Bags made today!!

To be fair, my dear friend who came to play today as a birthday treat could have chosen a cushion for us to make but decided on a Pants Bag and the Elvis one, I started yesterday for hubby's best mate, Mark.

Firstly, Judi chose a pattern - simple 9 patch - then the fabrics:

Then, I introduced her to the rotary cutter and before we knew it, away she was chain stitching with a perfect 1/4" seam - and NO UNPICKING ... amazing, such a natural:

We weren't sure whether to add a top border or not so had a break for lunch. Had a play about with different options and definitely reached a good decision:

And, voila: after a few hours work, we have the finished article. Happy birthday, Judi:

Whilst this was going on, I finished up this litle cutie for Mark:

All in all a fabby day, great company - lots of laughs (thanks Jude, even if most of the laughing was at my expense!! xx) and I put a smile on the faces of two of my favourite people ;)

1 comment:

  1. Love your pants bags, especially the pink one, not usually a pink girl. Hoping you've got a tutorial on your blog for these, if not YouTube here I come.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)